BOLT hands off to Mother Greyhound

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Understood, but that seems like a niche within a niche.
Sometimes there are very specific details that have tipped the balance toward a non-central terminal. In the Denver area one of the independent lines served the Denver Bus Center downtown but terminated in Commerce City. Their garage was there and it is an area with potential package express business. I'm sure it looked odd to readers of the Bus Guide.

Understood, but that seems like a niche within a niche.
Seems like C&J's niche is linking Portsmouth with Boston and New York. It operates both a Boston - Portsmouth route and the New York - Portsmouth route in question. I haven't looked at all the options serving the Boston - Portland corridor but perhaps Portsmouth is underserved by those services.

Sometimes there are very specific details that have tipped the balance toward a non-central terminal. In the Denver area one of the independent lines served the Denver Bus Center downtown but terminated in Commerce City. Their garage was there and it is an area with potential package express business. I'm sure it looked odd to readers of the Bus Guide.
There was so much bus package express business at Commerce City, that during the years I worked for Continental Trailways in Denver (1974 to 1979), every afternoon at 5:30 we sent an empty "combo" coach there to load the bottom bays, the rear combo section, and sometimes even the forward seating area with packages. It then made the short trip to the downtown bus terminal, and the packages were unloaded, to be distributed to evening departures for all points. Besides that run, the combo buses were used on one of the two daily long thin routes from Denver to Billings, MT...

Back