Bonus Offer

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year I remember seeing a 30% bonus match no matter how few points you bought. The 10/20/30 match looks relatively new. For those who have been long term AGR members (over 5 years) have you seen bonus matches come up more than once or twice/year? Is the 50% match likely a thing of the past?

I see the 30% sale once or twice per year. We use it to get our sleeper tickets to ABQ for the holidays. Buying points is cheaper than buying sleeper accommodations during the holiday fare buckets. :)

If you have an AGR credit card paying taxes or doing some kind of spending is a better option, unless you don't want to engage in those methods.

Chase AGR Master Card gives 2 points per dollar when purchasing Amtrak tickets (in addition to AGR's 2 points per dollar). Does that still apply when purchasing points or does it revert to the regular 1 point per dollar?

Well. here's a new wrinkle! At least I've never seen it before. After I bought points there was a box stating that points will expire 36 months after the last paid Amtrak trip.

Edit: Just went back and re-read it. As long as I have a Chase AGR card, points will not expire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back