Bonus Points Now On Sale

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not showing up for me yet. I have been waiting for them to offer it again. Hopefully I can see it soon.

Here's what it says when I login...

Special offer: 30% more points

Now there are even more reasons to fill up your Amtrak Guest Rewards account balance. Buy Amtrak Guest Rewards points between ​January​ ​31​st and ​March​ ​15​th, 201​4​ and automatically receive a ​30​% bonus on the number of points purchased.

I can confirm this looks to be target. No news on my screen and when I did a "dry run" buy no Bonus was offered; they might be hitting people who don't Buy or Redeem that often.

Definitely targeted. I just bought 10000 and got 5000 as a bonus. That's a roomette for us on the Starlight for cheap!

My wife, however, only got an email encouraging her to buy points - no bonus! We'll hold off on buying any on her account for now.

Definitely targeted. I just bought 10000 and got 5000 as a bonus. That's a roomette for us on the Starlight for cheap!

My wife, however, only got an email encouraging her to buy points - no bonus! We'll hold off on buying any on her account for now.
You might try gifting 10000 to your wife, which I did for mine and received the 30% bonus. The 50% might work for you if you gift her points instead of her buying them directly. Just a thought :)

I got the 10-30% offer, and Hubby got the 50% offer. Can we buy the max on his account, and THEN gift more to me at 50%?? Or is the 10,000 per account, per year, point restriction for total points purchase for anyone?

I guess I could buy his points on the 50% offer first, and then see if it will allow a gift purchase as well...

Just another reason to make sure everyone in your family has an AGR account and that you have access to it. When everyone has their own account it's a lot easier to earn points, buy points, and spend points efficiently. Especially when targeted opportunies like this one appear. Not to mention that the more people who have AGR accounts the easier it is for Amtrak to make the case that they're a major playor in the transportation business.

I got the 50% promotion, but Brent didn't. He didn't even get the 30% bonus.

It's possible he didn't get the bonus since I just bought points under his account the week of Christmas, whereas I haven't purchased points with my account since spring 2012. I usually buy some every year, but tuition came first last year.

Woot. I have about 6500 points in my account, so 15,000 will give me enough to book a roomette either to or from the Gathering. :)

I received the email encouraging me to buy points, but with NO bonus. I guess they think I have enough points. :(

I received the email encouraging me to buy points, but with NO bonus. I guess they think I have enough points. :(
Same here. I guess I'll wait and hope a general 30% offer comes up, or I get one of the targeted emails at some point.

Didn't get an email. :( AGR Insider said he "fixed" my eamil problem. Maybe I'll check with him again.

:) I got the 50% Bonus Offer so I'm sure it's Targeted to When you Last Purchased Points!(I bought Early Last Jan.) Last years offer was Tiered in that the More you Bought, the Higher the Bonus up to 50%! (ie 10,000 Purchased = 5,000 Bonus Points)This Years is a Straight 50% No Matter How Many you buy up to 10,000! Hopefully all our Members will get this Offer! I'm All Over this, 15,000 Points for $275 is a Deal! ;)

Back