Booking 8 or more people

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RailFanLNK

Conductor
I was wondering, if you take more than 8 people on a trip, is there much of a discount or is it the same price you see on the website? I've been thinking of taking some friends to Chicago early in 2008 and was wondering if we could get a better price if there's 8 of us instead of each of us buying our own fare. Thanks for the input!

Alas, Amtrak doesn't consider you to be a group until you have at least 20 people in your party. So 8 or even a few more than that won't help you to get a better price. Ya gotta crack that magic number 20 to make Amtrak sit up and notice you.

Always check "hot deals" at amtrak.com. They sometimes offer special discounts for smaller groups, in certain markets such as the "share fares" in the Northeast Corridor.

Ok...I"m gonna think "big" on this, "if" I would get 20 people to go from LNK to CHI for a convention next Janurary, what kind of discount "might" I get. Would it be more than the 10% off fare price that we get with AAA and NARP? I was just wondering. We wouldn't be doing sleepers or stuff like that. Thanks again!

Ok...I"m gonna think "big" on this, "if" I would get 20 people to go from LNK to CHI for a convention next Janurary, what kind of discount "might" I get. Would it be more than the 10% off fare price that we get with AAA and NARP? I was just wondering. We wouldn't be doing sleepers or stuff like that. Thanks again!

R.R.,

Amtrak has a Group Sales line at 1-800-USA-1GRP (872-1477) or you can email them at [email protected].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back