Booking a trip with points for May 20th through May 27 2023 and no luck

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be anything, both the site and the app seem glitchy to me. If I keep trying in order to avoid calling Amtrak (now they have an incredibly annoying irrelevant mandatory minute long covid rant before anything else) I usually stumble on success

Trying to book a trip Leaving May 2Oth 2023 and returning May 27th 2023 and the Amtak website will not accept my order. Trying to use points as I have 150,000 of them. What am I doing wrong?
I booked a LD trip yesterday using Points ( Sat 7/09) with an AGR Agent, only had to wait 5 minutes on hold ( no Music, only Promos), and she quickly set it up including my choice of Rooms,and sent me my info and e-ticket, EZ-PZ!

Last edited:
I booked a LD trip yesterday using Points ( Sat 7/09) with an AGR Agent, only had to wait 5 minutes on hold ( no Music, only Promos), and she quickly set it up including my choice of Rooms,and sent me my info and e-ticket, EZ-PZ!
I guess speaking with an agent is the way to go. No matter what we did the Amtrak booking website didn't work.
UPDATE: OK folks, appreciate all the comments and yes we had to put a call into Amtrak Guest Rewards to book our trip from PHL -WAS-CHI -WLO AZ and return in May 2023. Going to stay at the grand canyon North Rim. Good thing that we had plenty of points as the sleeper fares have gone up considerably. We just hope that with the two accidents this year and the resulting damage to the sleepers that there are some left for the trip! This new trip will be the first for us since 2020. Last year will all the service reductions it was simpler to fly but even in first class it was not a satisfactory experience for us. It will be good to be back on the rails

Last edited:
Back