Booking Amtrak Thruway in San Francisco?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Karlwood

Travelling on the California Zephyr in June from San Francisco. I want to book the Amtrak Thruway shuttle from downtown San Francisco to Emeryville. This was not offered during the booking process. When I put in 'San Francisco Salesforce Plaza' to 'Emeryville station' in the booking grid, it returns saying there are no trains for that itinerary (I ***KNOW THAT****, I just want to book the shuttle!!) - any advice where to start?

I'm not sure about it totally, but the reason that it said that there are no trains is that (I believe) you can only take a bus if you are connecting to a train.

Ju
I'm not sure about it totally, but the reason that it said that there are no trains is that (I believe) you can only take a bus if you are connecting to a train.
Just book to the station you're traveling to. For instance, San Francisco to Chicago. However, you cannot go on any Amtrak Thruway bus you want. You must travel on the one that couples with your departing Emeryville train. And Amtrak decides that.

We have a similar situation where we have a hotel by pier 39. we (7) ended up hiring a driver/van from Emeryville to hotel as the Salesforce Plaza is too far to walk to hotel. Travelling in July. 7 people and luggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back