Booking on AGR vs the app

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadonatrain

Service Attendant
I’m just curious. I don’t have many AGR points at all. I can’t travel any longer like I’ve wanted to all my life. But I’ve got one possible summer trip in mind. My meager points won’t help, but I’d still like to ask this Q.

Is there any particular advantage or reason someone in my position (an AGR member with insufficient points for a long trip) should book using the AGR site vs just using the regular app on my iPad?

I’m just curious. I don’t have many AGR points at all. I can’t travel any longer like I’ve wanted to all my life. But I’ve got one possible summer trip in mind. My meager points won’t help, but I’d still like to ask this Q.

Is there any particular advantage or reason someone in my position (an AGR member with insufficient points for a long trip) should book using the AGR site vs just using the regular app on my iPad?
There is no such thing as an "AGR" booking site. If you want to book online using points you use the points option on Amtrak.com or the app. You choose.

If you want to phone in, AGR agents will book for members points or cash. AGR agents are the most experienced.

Back