Booking on Amtrak is now easier

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Palmetto

Engineer
Perhaps it was due to them reading posts on here, or perhaps not. In any case, I just got sent to the Amtrak website by Amsnag, and noticed that there's now a radio button to select if you'd like to buy a Business Class sea, along with its price.

Similarly, if one wants a sleeping accomodation, the upsell price is listed right next to the button.

That's the same screen you get when you do a multi-city. I've seen that before. If you go directly to Amtrak.com and do a one-way, you still see the "old" screen (columns for saver, value, premium, etc).

I believe it has something to do with GET vs. POST requests, not sure why Amtrak would make the two respond differently, but Amsnag's link sends it all as GET while the site's own interface uses POST.

GET = pull ??

POST = push ??

IDK
IDK (I don't know). Problem your a computer geek Blue. I get why the truck driver does not get it. However you should of.
Yes, I'm a computer person, but it was a guess on my part because I never used those terms before. And I do know that a lot of people would not have any clue and it would have been nice if the person who used those terms would have given a simple explanation.

GET = pull ??

POST = push ??

IDK
IDK (I don't know). Problem your a computer geek Blue. I get why the truck driver does not get it. However you should of.
Yes, I'm a computer person, but it was a guess on my part because I never used those terms before. And I do know that a lot of people would not have any clue and it would have been nice if the person who used those terms would have given a simple explanation.
So many have gone to using acronyms for texting that they forget not all know them. Many are also industry specif. I can say I am well aware from way back in high school (1958 or so) where I used the term "Broad" ( which is the name of a wide beam light) in front of a non-theater teacher that went ballistic. Thankfully the school theater teacher was able to explain it to her so I did not get sent to the principal's office for discipline.

Aloha

Last edited by a moderator:
GET gets data and POST submits data. :D
I don't think so. Both sends (submits) data to the server. With GET the data is visible in the URL in the form of

?name1=value1&name2=value2...

whereas with POST it is sent in the header.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back