Booking online on Amtrak website

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello ! We do our bookings through my hubby’s select plus FNBO amtrak CC.
My husband and I are both seniors, and when booking trips for the 2 of us, it automatically makes him passenger 1.

A couple of days ago I was attempting to book a Keystone trip for the 2 of us, and my adult daughter and her hubby. No matter what I tried, the 2 adults listed as passenger 1 and 2, and the 2 senior as Pass. 3 and 4. This happened on both website and app. I finally gave up and booked over the phone with guest rewards.

How do you keep the senior bookings as passenger 1 and 2?

https://www.amtraktrains.com/threads/booking-online-amtrak-website.79920/page-7#post-984646
"
Yes, I brought this up a few weeks ago. It was a great discussion but only this actually worked:
"I first added a senior traveler in addition to the standard adult, then removed the adult and added one again. At that point, the app put the senior as "Traveler 1" and the adult as "Traveler 2". When I chose a random train and had to enter the passenger names, it still says "Traveler 1 of 2 | Senior (Primary Contact)" on top of the screen. I tried the same on the web site and it doesn't work there, the "adult" is automatically put as the primary traveler, but on the iOS app (and potentially also the Android app).""

https://www.amtraktrains.com/threads/cant-a-senior-purchase-for-self-and-adult.82991/#post-973579
"I just tried this myself on the iOS app and it does seem to work when using a little workaround.

I first added a senior traveler in addition to the standard adult, then removed the adult and added one again. At that point, the app put the senior as "Traveler 1" and the adult as "Traveler 2". When I chose a random train and had to enter the passenger names, it still says "Traveler 1 of 2 | Senior (Primary Contact)" on top of the screen. I tried the same on the web site and it doesn't work there, the "adult" is automatically put as the primary traveler, but on the iOS app (and potentially also the Android app)."

https://www.amtraktrains.com/threads/booking-online-amtrak-website.79920/page-7#post-984646
"
Yes, I brought this up a few weeks ago. It was a great discussion but only this actually worked:
"I first added a senior traveler in addition to the standard adult, then removed the adult and added one again. At that point, the app put the senior as "Traveler 1" and the adult as "Traveler 2". When I chose a random train and had to enter the passenger names, it still says "Traveler 1 of 2 | Senior (Primary Contact)" on top of the screen. I tried the same on the web site and it doesn't work there, the "adult" is automatically put as the primary traveler, but on the iOS app (and potentially also the Android app).""

https://www.amtraktrains.com/threads/cant-a-senior-purchase-for-self-and-adult.82991/#post-973579
"I just tried this myself on the iOS app and it does seem to work when using a little workaround.

I first added a senior traveler in addition to the standard adult, then removed the adult and added one again. At that point, the app put the senior as "Traveler 1" and the adult as "Traveler 2". When I chose a random train and had to enter the passenger names, it still says "Traveler 1 of 2 | Senior (Primary Contact)" on top of the screen. I tried the same on the web site and it doesn't work there, the "adult" is automatically put as the primary traveler, but on the iOS app (and potentially also the Android app)."
As my grandmother would say, Geez Louise.

I need to modify a trip booked on points, and I can’t get train booking info to work so I can see options. Been happening since yesterday for me.

I need to modify a trip booked on points, and I can’t get train booking info to work so I can see options. Been happening since yesterday for me.
I know they're doing upgrades this weekend, but that usually happens on Saturday night/Sunday morning. But this upgrade may have been started earlier. It has to do with the new fare structure.

No it’s more like Amtrak is blocking any trips in Texas. I am not able to book a train from Houston to Dallas. It keeps saying there are no trips from these stations. Why is that? I spoke to someone and they have no clue why it’s not working…for 2 years!! I lost my voucher trying to deal with Amtrak.

Has Amtrak booking site been problematic all day or it just me having problems? All day I’ve been getting a message saying they are experiencing difficulties and try later.

Has Amtrak booking site been problematic all day or it just me having problems? All day I’ve been getting a message saying they are experiencing difficulties and try later.
Not today, but I have been encountering this exact issue in the past couple weeks when I've made a few bookings and looking at potential bookings. It's very, very annoying, and has at times occured on all browers I've used on my computer.

Not today, but I have been encountering this exact issue in the past couple weeks when I've made a few bookings and looking at potential bookings. It's very, very annoying, and has at times occured on all browers I've used on my computer.
Exactly!

No it’s more like Amtrak is blocking any trips in Texas. I am not able to book a train from Houston to Dallas. It keeps saying there are no trips from these stations. Why is that? I spoke to someone and they have no clue why it’s not working…for 2 years!! I lost my voucher trying to deal with Amtrak.
There is no train service between Houston and Dallas. However, I'm having problems booking the Texas Eagle.

Make sure you’re selecting HOS and not HOG for Houston. And DAL not DAG for Dallas. And that you’re selecting a day of the week that the Sunset Limited runs on.

There is no train service between Houston and Dallas. However, I'm having problems booking the Texas Eagle.
If the SL arrives SAS before the TE leaves, I wonder if they just need to add the HOS-DAL city pair to the system (city pairs have to be manually added).
Have you tried using the Multi-city option on the website?

Another aggravating thing is the Sort/Filter feature resets to Departure Time after every search. I'd like to remain on Number Of Segments to make searching for the new higher buckets a little easier.

Just now, it shows No Trains Available no matter what I search for. Seems like Amtrak IT has hired some LD trainees and set them loose on Arrow.

Back