Booking the H room at AGR

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henry Kisor

Service Attendant
This is for fellow gimps who use the H room: The other day I called Amtrak Guest Rewards to book a H room on No. 7 because I didn't trust the website to give me a room in the base sleeper. Didn't want to get a car that might be eliminated at the last minute. Online, the H room for that date in October required 76,000 plus points. AGR gave it to me for 46,000 plus. Another H user said the same thing happened to him while booking a New York-Florida trip. We surmise that AGR books the H room at the lowest bucket and therefore calling AGR for reservations instead of using the website is the way to go. It's best to call at 8 am EST when AGR opens rather than get into the long phone queue later in the day.

I just did a test online. The accessible room only comes up if you have a mobility device (wheelchair/scooter/walker)

CZ #5 CHI - EMY 1 passenger

W/O a disability
Roomette $1,052 / 37,346
Bedroom $2,2261 / 80,266
Accessible Room does not appear

W/Mobility disability
Accessible Room $947 (10% discount on roomette price) / 37,346 (same as roomette)

W/Mobility disability w/o having your own mobility device
Accessible Room does not appear

Last edited:
Back