Booking Two Bedrooms for a 2 Hour Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amtrak will make plenty on it, if they sell it from Champaign onward. The accommodation charge from Chicago to Champaign is probably the same as to a point much further down the line, so they may in effect be earning double for a portion of the way, if it does sell beyond Champaign.
After doing some research, I have to correct my earlier post...
I see that now Amtrak does charge more on the accommodation charge for each further station.
At one time, they charged the same amount for an Economy Bedroom (now Roomette), from Denver to Granby, as they did all the way to Shoshone. From the next stop, Boise, the room charge increased. So when going to Seattle, I took advantage of that by booking from Denver to Shoshone in the room (and getting the 3 included meals), and then moving into the coach to save money...

Nearsightedness and astigmatism strikes again!
I am far sighted and could not read the sign on the closet door until I enlarged the photo after Betty mentioned it. I was a bit confused at first because I forgot which direction I was facing. The first photo was taken of Bedroom D (my room) from the area of the window in Bedroom D. The second photo was taken of Bedroom E (my friend's room) from the area of the couch in Bedroom D.
I was hoping that the man in the yellow shirt would chime in. :)

Back