Boston-NY service cut to Saturday schedule

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, didn't realize this was also being talked about in the coronavirus thread. Mods, delete if necessary.

Everything is a Saturday Schedule 7 days a week between VA-WAS-NYP-SPG-BOS.

All I will say is this.. It is not looking good on the financial end of things this FY now.

I can tell you that there are serious cost cutting measure in place right now. I don't want to go into to much detail, but it looks like consist changes are coming, potential furloughs, etc.

I'm not surprised...airlines are slashing frequencies all over the place, and I think the percentage cuts (Delta axing 40% of the schedule) are mainly limited by a desire to keep 1-2x/day on routes.

Interesting, Ted Mann is usually on top of this stuff, don’t know why he only reported on that segment.

Edited: I see when I click on the link the article is now about NY-DC, which it wasn’t originally.

I know that it obviously costs money/fuel to move cars, but is changing the consist really that much o a cost savings measure? Does the number of cars effect the staffing at all?

Back