Boston's Green Line Extension

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

Fenway

Service Attendant
The T slowly rolling out a Cubic system to replace what Scheidt & Bachmann installed some 15 years ago.

As a Boston television station pointed out last year the contract with Cubic is costing far more than what New York City paid.

Scheidt & Bachmann was the low bidder over Cubic and they were also supposed to design equipment to collect fares on the commuter rail, ferries, and paratransit but gave up in 2012.

Sounds like there was some sort of incident involving a crash on the Green Line today (friend texted me the story but didn't have time to look).

No need to be a drag…
I’m not an idiot; I can see the difference.

What I am saying is that both are massive new infrastructure projects adding completely new tracks to an existing transit system. This doesn’t happen often, so I drew this comparison between the two.

Second Avenue subway or East Side Access might be slightly better comparisons.

Interestingly, London doesn't seem to get extensions to the existing lines but entirely new lines now that I think about it.

jis

Chief Dispatcher
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
Sounds like there was some sort of incident involving a crash on the Green Line today (friend texted me the story but didn't have time to look).
Here is some info about the crash on Wednesday ...

Last edited:

Thanks for posting that - interesting that they are having collisions.

BTW I haven't followed it, but was the Red Line death due to a door malfunction?

jis

Chief Dispatcher
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
Thanks for posting that - interesting that they are having collisions.

BTW I haven't followed it, but was the Red Line death due to a door malfunction?

Is the plural of "trolley" spelled "trolleys" (which is what I always thought) or "trollies" (as it was spelled in the article)?

jis

Chief Dispatcher
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
MODERATOR'S NOTE: A number of posts about London Underground have been moved to the thread where that is being discussed:

Please make further posts on London Underground to that thread and leave this thread for discussing Boston Green Line.

Thank you for you understanding, cooperation and participation.