Breakfast near King St. Station Seattle?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I live around here, I ought to know this, but I don't.

I am planning to take the 6:15 Sounder out of Everett, getting to King St. Station around 7:15 (shooting for an early train in case I miss it) in order to catch the Starlight. I'll have a couple of hours and I know there isn't anything in the station, but is there anything good within walking distance (dragging luggage)?

Thanks.

Pioneer Square has Lots of Coffee Shops including Starbucks ( Big Bucks) but I like Zeitgeist Coffee on Jackson! The International District/China Town across the Tracks also has lots of mom and pop joints close to Union Station!

I suggest you use Google and/or Trip Advisor, should find what you need there! Nothing but Vending Machines inside King Street Station so far!!

Doesn't seem like much in the area. A lot of the dining options seem to be only lunch/dinner and/or sports bars. Kind of makes sense with the two stadiums.

Maybe the Arctic Club (a Hilton affiliated hotel), but that's about a half mile.

You can check your luggage with the ticket agent. There's a fee of (I believe) about $4, but when we did so the agent stacked all our bags together (we had those roller bags with handles that you can hook together) and only charged us as one bag for the entire stack.

About 3 blocks due north of King Street Station on 2nd Avenue-South at South Washington there is an establishment called "McCoy's Firehouse Bar & Grill-Pioneer Square". They open for breakfast at 8 a.m. Mon.-Fri.; 9 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. They serve a very good breakfast; I ate there with my Dad on our Montana trip this past May and the both of us would be willing to eat there again. Give 'em a try!

Last edited by a moderator:
Starbucks and Tully's are just across the Weller Street overpass. Also Uwajimaya (with Asian snacks) on S Weller Street opens at 8am.

About 3 blocks due north of King Street Station on 2nd Avenue-South at South Washington there is an establishment called "McCoy's Firehouse Bar & Grill-Pioneer Square". They open for breakfast at 8 a.m. Mon.-Fri.; 9 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. They serve a very good breakfast; I ate there with my Dad on our Montana trip this past May and the both of us would be willing to eat there again. Give 'em a try!
I just studied their menu and that place looks GOOD! Very reasonable prices on Real Food and a decent Beer List to boot. I wish I had stumbled across it when I was there; I may just have to make a Lunch Run and check them out :)

McCoy's sounds like a winner. I knew I could get Starbucks and other fancy coffee over in the Union Station complex, but I was really asking about bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, etc, which Seattle frou-frou coffee places aren't know for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back