Breakfast on 98?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyFL

OBS Chief
As our scheduled departure from DFB is 9:18 am, would breakfast in the dining car still be available (or do they serve that meal at all for passengers boarding in Miami?)? I'm assuming that the only meals that would definitely be served would be lunch & dinner on the 1st day, and breakfast on the 2nd day. Searched the forum, couldn't find anything specifically regarding breakfast on the Meteor. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have taken the Meteor north from South Florida 4 times ( twice from Hollywood, once from FTL and once from DFB). I was served breakfast twice - once there were problems in the diner and no breakfast was served even though the train was on time. The other time, the train was a little late and they had stopped serving by the time I boarded.

I think the answer is maybe.

I've boarded the southbound Star at around 9:20-9:40 before and have had the ability to eat breakfast in the diner. Once in a sleeper and once again as a coach passenger. (About a month ago, in fact, is when I had breakfast in coach on the Star.)

Based on this, I'd say that you're safe up until 10 for breakfast, especially in a sleeper.

Well, as it turned out we did get breakfast, we boarded on time & by 9:30 we were comfortably enjoying our meal. Another couple who boarded in Miami told us that service commenced right after Ft Lauderdale, which would have been right around 9-ish. So we were definitely well fed this trip, the snacks we brought were never even touched!

DS said:
1332902838[/url]' post='356847']I've boarded the southbound Star at around 9:20-9:40 before and have had the ability to eat breakfast in the diner. Once in a sleeper and once again as a coach passenger. (About a month ago, in fact, is when I had breakfast in coach on the Star.)

Based on this, I'd say that you're safe up until 10 for breakfast, especially in a sleeper.
98 is the Meteor and departs prior to the Star. (In FTL, ~9 am vs ~noon.)

Thanks for sharing - I am planning on taking a trip to DFB in November and I think I will take the Star southbound and the meteor northbound.

Does anyone know if taxis are readily available at DFB upon arrival of the trains? I need to find some transportation to a hotel on the beach, I don't think its far from the station but too far to walk with luggage.

Thanks for sharing - I am planning on taking a trip to DFB in November and I think I will take the Star southbound and the meteor northbound.

Does anyone know if taxis are readily available at DFB upon arrival of the trains? I need to find some transportation to a hotel on the beach, I don't think its far from the station but too far to walk with luggage.
Yes, there's usually several cabs waiting at DFB for arriving passengers. You might also check with the hotel, they might have a courtesy car (as a matter of fact I saw a shuttle from the Deerfield Beach Hilton picking up an arriving passenger last Sunday). Enjoy your stay in sunny S Florida!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back