Breakfast on CZ eastbound

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy in TX

Train Attendant
I'm leaving from San Francisco Transbay Temporary Terminal at 7:50 to connect with the CZ to Chicago. The train leaves at 9:10 AM. Is breakfast served on the train or do I need to find breakfast before leaving for the bus?

Unless something changed, they don't serve breakfast. Emeryville has a snack bar in the station.

Sent from my iPad using Amtrak Forum

You can get a fairly decent breakfast at that snack bar at Emeryville station. I was last there a few years ago and it was cash only.
Thanks. I'll check out Transbay Temporary Terminal first since I don't know if I'll have time between the bus and train to get anything. If neither one works I'll have some protein bars to tide me over until lunch.

You can also purchase a breakfast sandwich in the SSL shortly after leaving Emeryville. First call for lunch in the diner is usually around Roseville.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Problem solved. I was at the Ferry Building this afternoon and found a bakery with some multi-grain rolls and other goodies with bacon and cheese which should make an admirable breakfast.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I took this picture before my trip in March 2015. I laughed at how many notices they'd posted, but they'd probably been asked a million times and wanted to make sure everyone knew. :)

11091108_10102159853333704_1701062854_o.jpg

I took this picture before my trip in March 2015. I laughed at how many notices they'd posted, but they'd probably been asked a million times and wanted to make sure everyone knew. :)

attachicon.gif
Is that a snack place or the approach to a border crossing? :unsure: :lol:

Not the friendliest place on person. If you really want breakfast early yelp search for diner near your hotel. If it's got 3 or more stars and is open at 6 am you are good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

LOL! I'm not sure if that's Amtrak warning passengers or business development for the snack bar! My guess is the latter.

I'm in the Emeryville station now and had just seen the large sign minutes before I read your post.

Interesting photo, one has to wonder what that's all about. I notice they serve Peets coffee, a plus. Not so sure about the Polish Dog for breakfast. Wish you would have gotten the person behind the counter, might have explained the whole thing.

As a general rule anytime you board a train at the point of origin breakfast will not be served unless it leaves around 6-7 AM but there are exceptions. If you board a train in route then you will be served breakfast to about 8:30 AM as we do when we board the Cardinal at PHL.

Back