Breakfast times

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Amtrak site gives the lunch and dinner times, but not breakfast. Am trying to schedule a sleeper and it would be helpful to know the best time to reserve it, based on meals.

Thanks.

Nitzotz

The Amtrak site gives the lunch and dinner times, but not breakfast. Am trying to schedule a sleeper and it would be helpful to know the best time to reserve it, based on meals.Thanks.

Nitzotz
I don't think that reserving a sleeper has any connection with breakfast times. I think your best bet is to simply ask your sleeper attendant about breakfast times when boarding.

Let me mention that, unlike other meals, one typically doesn't make a reservation for breakfast. You kind-of just go to the dinning car.

Also, sleeper accomodations themselves have self-serve coffee, tea, and OJ. So, if you are a light/minimal breakfast person, you might just skip the short walk to the dinning car.

The Amtrak site gives the lunch and dinner times, but not breakfast. Am trying to schedule a sleeper and it would be helpful to know the best time to reserve it, based on meals.Thanks.

Nitzotz
Are you trying to find the best time to see if you can get a sleeper on-board, so you can get breakfast included? If so, most LD trains begin breakfast at 6:30 am - unless there is a very early arrival planned and then it may begin earlier.

let us know what route you are looking at. on the swc coming into la breakfast is from 5-6 am. on the eb coming into seattle it is served early also. as posted above, breakfast usually from 6:30 until around 8:30 or a little later. announcements are made for the calls for breakfast and breakfast time is announced the previous evening over the pa

In general breakfast is served from about 6:30 to 9:30. But don't take that as the truth every time. If the train is terminating in the morning, like the Southwest Chief into LAX, then breakfast is only from 5 to 6. Same with the Empire Builder arrival into Seattle or Portland. Let us know where you are wanting to travel, and we can probably help out more.

What about Breakfast on Trains with an early morning departure?

For example the northbound Crescent. Is Breakfast included for sleeping car passengers on these trains?

What about Breakfast on Trains with an early morning departure?For example the northbound Crescent. Is Breakfast included for sleeping car passengers on these trains?

Yes, for sure, I have done it many times, eating breakfast as a sleeping car passenger departing NOL.

In general breakfast is served from about 6:30 to 9:30. But don't take that as the truth every time. If the train is terminating in the morning, like the Southwest Chief into LAX, then breakfast is only from 5 to 6. Same with the Empire Builder arrival into Seattle or Portland. Let us know where you are wanting to travel, and we can probably help out more.
The Empire Builder hits Portland at 10:10am, so why would breakfast (which is cold I guess, no diner at this point) be so early and short?

Last edited by a moderator:
On my x-country trip I found Breakfast to be my favorite meal on the train. I was showered, getting fed, talking to interesting strangers & watching the World Go By!!!! It Don't Get Much Better Than That!!! :)

RF (OH, I found on most diners 6am was pretty close)

The Empire Builder hits Portland at 10:10am, so why would breakfast (which is cold I guess, no diner at this point) be so early and short?
it is a boxed breakfast consisting of a meat sandwhich on a bun, yogurt, fruit and beverage. you get it in the lower level of the lounge car from around 6:30 until when they close the car for arrival to pdx. the meal is ok but there is no choice and it never varies

Sorry! I did not give you enough information to answer properly.

Will be on the 422 Texas Eagle from MRC to SMC. Want to pick up a sleeper at some point and it looks like ELP is the best place for the best price. Would be transferring from coach to sleeper at about 9am and wondered if it was too late to get breakfast. Perhaps the time is not set on all trains.

Thanks.

Nitzotz

let us know what route you are looking at. on the swc coming into la breakfast is from 5-6 am. on the eb coming into seattle it is served early also. as posted above, breakfast usually from 6:30 until around 8:30 or a little later. announcements are made for the calls for breakfast and breakfast time is announced the previous evening over the pa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back