Brightline Trains Florida discussion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney has no problem raising prices and lowering services. They are still packed every day and probably always will be.
Sadly, they haven't had the financial need like Amtrak to do that. Just maximizing revenue based on demand. Used to be that if you stayed in any of the official resorts you could park for free, and you could park at the parks for free. But to be fair, Disney was amongst the last to add on what hotels around the world have been doing for decades with their resort and parking fees.

Last edited:
Sadly, they haven't had the financial need like Amtrak to do that. Just maximizing revenue based on demand. Used to be that if you stayed in any of the official resorts for free, you could park at the parks for free. But to be fair, Disney was amongst the last to add on what hotels around the world have been doing for decades with their resort and parking fees.
Theme park parking is still free for Disney resort guests, but they have to pay a nightly resort parking fee.

Theme park parking is still free for Disney resort guests, but they have to pay a nightly resort parking fee.
Even though I fixed the quoted post, I think you know what I meant. To reiterate, as a resort guest parking for free at the resorts, they could park at the parks for free. Past tense was for not paying at resort. Paying for parking at the resort doesn't mean not paying at the toll plaza going into a park is free. You pay at the resort. AFAIK, anyone can pay once at any park and still go to any of the other parks without paying again.

Just more nickel and diming.

Amtrak on the other hand thinks, If we can sucker someone $2000 for one bedroom, then we don't have to bother with selling 4 for $500 each.

Amtrak's problem is that at any "reasonable" price point, demand will tend to outstrip supply for sleepers. Unfortunately, Amtrak hasn't asked Congress for so much as a penny for more sleepers, so...

Just got this email:

Welcome (back!) aboard.

We’ve missed you… a lot. But it’s officially official: Brightline service will resume this November, and we can’t wait to welcome you back aboard. We’re busy getting our trains squeaky clean and our stations in tip-top shape — here’s a sneak peek:

Regular service between Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and West Palm Beach starts again in November.

It is interesting to see that even the single track portion of the Orlando extension is being built so as to allow double-track later.

I am guessing the connecting curve to the CSX main line is only temporary for use during construction. I cannot imagine any long time justification for such a track.

It is interesting to see that even the single track portion of the Orlando extension is being built so as to allow double-track later.

I am guessing the connecting curve to the CSX main line is only temporary for use during construction. I cannot imagine any long time justification for such a track.
What CSX main line? Do you mean the SunRail main line or the CSX power house siding?

That's what I suspected. Not a main line by any stretch of imagination. Basically a long siding to get fuel to the power plant.

I guess it's that then. It wasn't clear from the video.

I have been told by folks at FECI that the agreement with Deseret Ranch (aka the Mormon church) includes a provision for a separate track for freight along their property. Of course a new lease agreement will have to be had for the FDOT section further east.

Nothing is ever as it seems I have come to realize.

I have been told by folks at FECI that the agreement with Deseret Ranch (aka the Mormon church) includes a provision for a separate track for freight along their property. Of course a new lease agreement will have to be had for the FDOT section further east.

Nothing is ever as it seems I have come to realize.
Very relevant specially if it should come to pass that CSX decides to abandon Poinciana - Tampa and FECI acquires that and leases freight operation to FECR or some such complex arrangement among those three actors, which they seem to be experts at.

The freight track agreement is actually in the lease document. I need to look it up as it's been some time since I read it. It's there. Just unnoticed by most people. But it is important. My contacts at FECI do not discount it either.

I doubt CSX will abandon Tampa. I can see FECR going to Orlando somewhere around the airport area to build an intermodal yard. Brightline would happily take money from FECR for access rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back