Brightline Trains Florida discussion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another view of the interior

I am amazed that they gave these random railfans a VIP tour of both the passenger car & the engine in the middle of nowhere! What if one of those oldsters had fallen while climbing up the ladders?

Nevertheless, an excellent video with a wealth of heretofore unheard factoids. It's clear that the Brightline personnel on board are excited and proud of their equipment.

I am amazed that they gave these random railfans a VIP tour of both the passenger car & the engine in the middle of nowhere! What if one of those oldsters had fallen while climbing up the ladders?

Nevertheless, an excellent video with a wealth of heretofore unheard factoids. It's clear that the Brightline personnel on board are excited and proud of their equipment.

it looks to me as if it was some sort of press event. Sometimes having a blog or a video channel qualifies for being allowed into such events.

Sensible intelligent railroads know rail fans are likely to say positive things about them if they treat them well .

The new train set (BrightRed) arrived at the West Palm Beach maintenance center on 10/14/21 pulled by an FECR locomotive.

It left Bowden Yard earlier in the day after a change of power from the UP unit to the FECR unit. Too bad I had no idea when it went by Melbourne. But of course these will become a common daily site in Melbourne when the Orlando service gets going.

Last edited:
it looks to me as if it was some sort of press event. Sometimes having a blog or a video channel qualifies for being allowed into such events.

Sensible intelligent railroads know rail fans are likely to say positive things about them if they treat them well .
That was the one by Roaming Railfan, yes. The one by Casey Jones1970 was just a group of railfan friends who were taking pictures when the train happened to stop for traffic, and asked if they could come on board for a look around.

Just for the record, this YouTube animation of the proposed Brightline alignment along 417 was posted under a fictitious name by the I-Drive Chamber of Commerce.

They claim it's running through neighborhoods and "destroying precious wetlands". I didn't see any of that in the video. The last turn towards Disney does run past what looks like an apartment complex and crosses what appears to be a stretch of wetlands, but IIRC Brightline said they hadn't decided on the exact approach to Disney.

It's telling that they made up a false name to post it under, blocked comments, and linked to a website that has no contact links. It's only under "About Us" on that website that they finally reveal their identity.

Anyone know if the entire trackage between Cocoa and Miami is supposed to be double tracked? I know they can't do it all at once, but I was crossing the FEC at Eau Gallie in Melbourne and noticed there was no effort started to double the crossing. Didn't even see any grading or prep for a 2nd track in either direction. Maybe just a matter of time...

Anyone know if the entire trackage between Cocoa and Miami is supposed to be double tracked?
Yes.
I know they can't do it all at once, but I was crossing the FEC at Eau Gallie in Melbourne and noticed there was no effort started to double the crossing. Didn't even see any grading or prep for a 2nd track in either direction. Maybe just a matter of time...
Eau Gallie bridge is one of the slowest items on the route. I suspect in this case they will not build the crossing until the bridge is further along. They have been using the future ROW for the second track as a staging area for bridge construction with most of the bridges.

Anyone know if the entire trackage between Cocoa and Miami is supposed to be double tracked?
All of it in Brevard County will be double track. There will be a short segment on the St. Lucie River Bridge in Stuart that I believe will remain single track for now (at least that is what the FEIS says, and no revision has been issued so far making any changes). All the rest will be double track.

Last edited:
All of it in Brevard County will be double track. There will be a short segment on the St. Lucie River Bridge in Stuart that I believe will remain single track for now (at least that is what the FEIS says, and no revision has been issued so far making any changes). All the rest will be double track.
About that...

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/l...ays-replace-st-lucie-river-bridge/2456664001/
Yeah, it's a separate project and Brightline may start running before it's done. But they're double-tracking it.

Two year old article. Think they'll go through with it now with Virgin no longer a partner?
Since Virgin was contributing almost absolutely nothing other than Branson's bright smile, and mostly about collecting fees from Brightline for using the trademark, their absence should have no impact on what Brightline does. It is not very widely known that it is Brightline that kicked Virgin out and not the other way round. Virgin has since sued Brightline for damages and apparently not much has come of it either. I suspect when Virgin lost its last rail franchise in the UK the relationship became worth nothing for Brightline, and they exited at the first opportunity that presented itself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back