Brightline Orlando extension

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it's 16/day to start with, albeit with some variability in frequency throughout the day. I'd like to note that I think running the first train from MIA at 0650 seems questionable to me.

That said...it'll let me day-trip to visit Mom and Dad (and leave Boca after dinner) or visit them and side-trip to Disney for a day (and leave around the time several parks close in winter). So...not bad.

[BTW...I don't see any expresses timetabled, just some trains skipping Boca.]

Edit: Another curiosity - I'm seeing an 0400 [!] from WPB-MIA on Saturdays but not weekdays. That gives an 0545 departure from MIA to MCO (arriving at 0915, displacing the 0650 departure).

Last edited:
I received an email overnight that trains to and from Orlando could be booked. It appears that the earliest date (at this time) to book is September 1.

Edit: Another curiosity - I'm seeing an 0400 [!] from WPB-MIA on Saturdays but not weekdays. That gives an 0545 departure from MIA to MCO (arriving at 0915, displacing the 0650 departure).
That makes sense, for residents of So. FLA wanting to spend a day or a weekend at the theme parks. The parks mostly open at 9, or 10 in the off-season. The early trip from WPB to MIA would be a positioning move, but might as well open it to revenue.

Right. This is on one connecting AB to one of the mid field pods, where that other proximity information is not that critical. I think they just used an available panel without giving it much thought.
Even so, I presume the wayfinding for the new APM is now signed for both Terminal C and Train Station. Keeping those 2 destinations together on other signage seems less confusing.

Orlando Sentinel article says service may actually start sooner. Brightline official says they will announce start date soon, so passengers can book rides on the inaugural run.

Also of interest, there's an automatic 25% discount on Smart Service bookings for groups of 4. Fourth person rides free!

And $79 fares are "limited".

The Sentinel just added an article gifting option. Hopefully this link will bypass the paywall:
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/202...lorida-to-orlando/?share=nastnpiiwmli2s0rriht

Last edited:
According to a post from an FECR project manager on the FECRS Members Only group on Facebook, the last segment of double tracking on the West Palm Beach - Cocoa segment between CP Pineda and CP Malabar through Melbourne was put into service today (6/4/23), thus completing the double tracking work on the old FECR line between Miami and Cocoa (minus Stuart Bridge).

Next item is to prepare the whole thing for through 110mph testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back