Brightline Report From OMAAT

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in West Palm Beach and have taken the train to Miami twice. I ride select and can tell you its a sweet ride. Everything being still new and clean ups the experience. These folks are not just in the transportation business but heavy into the real estate business surrounding the stations. Folks will be riding from Disney in Orlando to cruise ships in Miami as a station will be built there a long with a couple of other stations.

I live in West Palm Beach and have taken the train to Miami twice. I ride select and can tell you its a sweet ride. Everything being still new and clean ups the experience. These folks are not just in the transportation business but heavy into the real estate business surrounding the stations. Folks will be riding from Disney in Orlando to cruise ships in Miami as a station will be built there a long with a couple of other stations.
Makes sense. As I understand it, in many other countries, they get funding for public transportation by taxing the increased land value along the corridor from the train running through. I maybe completely butchering how it works up. :D

Pacific Electric out in SoCal pretty much needed the railroad to sell land and electricity from what I read.

Makes sense. As I understand it, in many other countries, they get funding for public transportation by taxing the increased land value along the corridor from the train running through. I maybe completely butchering how it works up. :D

Pacific Electric out in SoCal pretty much needed the railroad to sell land and electricity from what I read.

Didn't some of the other railroads that constructed long distance train routes do similar things(sell excess land near their long distance lines where they built track(s), like say Great Northern Railroad when they constructed the east to west line that today hosts the Empire Builder train running through Montana and North Dakota? At least from reading history books, I get the sense numerous railroads built their lines that way, then sold excess land they didn't need after they finished constructing a long distance rail line.

https://onemileatatime.com/brightline-train-review/

I think this is one of the most thorough report I've seen regarding Brightline. Kind of makes me want to fly out to Miami just to try it out. :D

I'd love to ride Brightline/Virgin Trains(whatever they're called now), down the road! Will read your report on that site, very soon.

Back