Brightline Trains Florida discussion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like what I said about Brightline service to Orlando starting in the summer of 2023 is going to happen after all. Maybe late Summer, but Summer nonetheless. I just hope the testing goes smoothly.
I expect it will go smoothly. The first segment is typically the greatest risk with this type of thing as afterwards they can build on experience and know what to watch out for. I think Brightline is now a well oiled machine and getting better by the day.

Last edited:

Brightline Construction: The Completed Frontenac Improvement Project Full Flight Overview​

Frontenac is in Sharpes, FL which is actually North of where the Brightline route to Orlando branches off. But the interlocking and track layout change feeds into the Cocoa Junction so is part of the Brightline related redevelopment.

Nice video. I do have a question about the new intermediate signal for the east main track. Since it is positioned halfway into the yard lead switch, how will train engineers know the position of the switch? If the signal is a true intermediate signal, it would not show the switch (or route) position. I understand that FEC signals show route not speed indications. Anyone know how this switch will be signaled, if at all?

It's odd that the intermidate signal is positioned right in the middle of the switch. But, it's a manual-throw turnout (trains will have to stop and get out and throw it), and the turnout is not signaled. The usual practice is to put such a signal right in front of the points of the turnout, so that if it is unlocked or in the Reverse position, the signal will show its most-restrictive aspect to trains approaching the points to warn of that fact.

It's odd that the intermidate signal is positioned right in the middle of the switch. But, it's a manual-throw turnout (trains will have to stop and get out and throw it), and the turnout is not signaled. The usual practice is to put such a signal right in front of the points of the turnout, so that if it is unlocked or in the Reverse position, the signal will show its most-restrictive aspect to trains approaching the points to warn of that fact.
This point has been raised in several forums and so far we have heard nothing from Florida Dispatching Company on this matter. I will keep you posted if I hear anything from the FECRS folks who have the most contacts with FECR, Brightline and Florida Dispatching Company, who actually dispatch all of FECR and Brightline in Florida.

Brightline seats booked to 2 different passengers. @10:50, Car attendant says the system was messed up by Aventura station not opening when planned, and the system erroneously cancelled bookings for both Aventura & Boca.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back