Burbank Airport Station Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob_C

Lead Service Attendant
Leaving on a cross-country trip from this station. The Amtrak website during the final confirmation screen seemed to suggest we can get our tickets printed from a Metrolink vending machine there. However the station page for BUR on Amtrak's website also explicitly states there are no Quicktrak "Hours" (or machines?) there.

Anyone with experience with this station. Can we pick up our tickets there?

Thanks!

Yes, you can get those Amtrak tickets from selected Amtrak/Metrolink machines. Burbank is one of them. It's available 24 hours.

My mom did tried once but the machine was down, so the Amtrak bus driver asked her for driver license and keep it until at arriving station, Bakersfield. The bus driver obtained the tickets and then gave her the driver license back. It's a common practice.

Just a word of warning. There is only one Quick Trak/Metrolink machine at this station...located on the northbound platform (to Santa Barbara). However, due to its position, if you're there at the wrong time of day the sunshines on the screen and makes it nearly impossible to read.

If you get the chance, I'd reccomend picking your tickets up at another station just to save you this hassle. Enjoy your trip!

I second the suggestion you pick up your tickets at a different location, if at all possible. When I went through that station this morning, the machine wasn't functioning. Again.

(As mentioned, the BUR machine is a Metrolink machine, not an Amtrak Quicktrak machine.)

Have you enough lead time to have the tickets mailed to you?

Travel light!

~BJG

Leaving on a cross-country trip from this station. The Amtrak website during the final confirmation screen seemed to suggest we can get our tickets printed from a Metrolink vending machine there. However the station page for BUR on Amtrak's website also explicitly states there are no Quicktrak "Hours" (or machines?) there.

Thanks!

Yes, trip is mid-Dec so we could have them mailed. We'd be on 784 to connect with the Chief. But wanted to keep the option open to cancel as long as possible. You never know, right?

FWIW the machine was still not working this morning when we went through BUR. I'm just sayin'...

Travel light!

~BJG

Thanks!

Yep, definitely going to get the tickets ahead.

BTW, for those interested the cheapest parking at BUR appears to be two choices:

The Marriott Hotel right across from the airport. (you can reserve a spot online) for $6.85 a day.

And Southwest Parking at $7 a day which is the lot just north of the train platform along the side of the RR tracks. (it's also on the Airport side of the tracks).

Anyone know any better deals for ltp'ing?

Yep, definitely going to get the tickets ahead.
BTW, for those interested the cheapest parking at BUR appears to be two choices:

The Marriott Hotel right across from the airport. (you can reserve a spot online) for $6.85 a day.

And Southwest Parking at $7 a day which is the lot just north of the train platform along the side of the RR tracks. (it's also on the Airport side of the tracks).

Anyone know any better deals for ltp'ing?
I don't know where you live, have you consider about the airport shuttle?

You mean like the Supershuttle service? We're coming from Pasadena, then flying back to BUR.

Even though my home is 3 1/2 hours away, I use Albuquerque off-site airport parking if I'm going on a train one way and fly back. The city bus has a route that serves both airport and Amtrak station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back