Burbank CA hotels

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amtkstn

OBS Chief
I am starting on plans for a trip next May. On one day I will riding the Starlight from SAC to Burbank. What are some good hotels near the train station for one night?

There is a full-service Marriott directly across Empire Avenue - the street that runs parallel to the tracks. The cross street is N Hollywood Way. We've stayed there several times and it is convenient for both trains and planes. It's a little more than one block walk and the hotel's airport shuttle will drop at the station in inclement weather.

Google Earth shows the Marriott jiml mentioned is a 700 yard walk from the "station". Any others are at least another 1300 yards farther away.

Google Earth shows the Marriott jiml mentioned is a 700 yard walk from the "station". Any others are at least another 1300 yards farther away.

Many Burbank hotels have an airport shuttle service -- the spot where they pick up is closer than 700 yards away, much of it through a covered walkway. I drew a quick-and-dirty red line and an "X" on a Google satellite view:

A8K2Ovm.jpg

Not really shorter at all. The starting point for my 700 yard path was the center of the platform. Using the Google Earth rule tool, your path measures 640 yards and from your starting point the distance to the front door of the Marriott is only 560 yards. But yours is mostly under cover.

BTW, I've found the Google Earth rule tool accurate to within about ±0.02% in 25 of 29 test measurements of runway lengths.

Last edited:
The two reasons for increased walking distance (via either route) from the Marriott to the station (and v.v.) is that both Empire and N Hollywood are busy streets, which means going to a signalled crossing. They are at each end and roughly the middle of the platform. There is also no sidewalk on part of the side of Empire closest to the tracks. It's still a very easy walk, even with luggage.

The last time when the hotel offered to take us over in pouring rain, we thought they would drop us at the airport and we'd use the covered walkway as outlined by trainman74. However, the shuttle used the leftmost exit shown from the airport and dropped us at the loop at the one end of the platform. The station is not staffed btw, but signage is excellent.

Not really shorter at all. The starting point for my 700 yard path was the center of the platform. Using the Google Earth rule tool, your path measures 640 yards and from your starting point the distance to the front door of the Marriott is only 560 yards. But yours is mostly under cover..

Interesting, I would not have guessed that -- the Marriott seems farther away. (I worked for years in an office building along Empire, just southeast of the Marriott.)

Back