Business Class downgrade

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travelplus

Train Attendant
I was informed today when I visted the SJ Diridon Station that there was a schedule change to my next month's CS from LA- San Jose A slight one by a few minutes with enough time to connect from the Southwest Chief.
Now here is the kicker that I was not too happy with a downgrade from Business Class to Coahc that includes access to the LA Metropolitan Lounge, 25 percent bonus AGR Points, Smaller and Quieter Car and it seems like with other benefits too. I like the quiet carwith less seats. I am one to pay to upgrade.

I do not want to take the Surfliner as its hard for me to sit on a bus for a couple of hours. A 1-2 hour ride is fine on a bus but no more.

The CSR only refunded me . Also my ticket was switched from a Value to Saver fare when on the App the Value and the Saver fare were the same. I emailed the OCR address to voice my displeasure and since the agent who the station agent spoke with claimed they knew about the downgrade since October but kept my money especially after I called in when the Stockton Bus had a schedule change a few weeks ago after the October doowngrade date.

I am surprised that no one reached out to me.

Why is Business Class being taken off the CS? Shame it happened earlier this year on the LSL. Every overnight train should have a BC car. It's a step above Coach and an alternative for the crazy high sleeper prices.

Why is Business Class being taken off the CS? Shame it happened earlier this year on the LSL. Every overnight train should have a BC car. It's a step above Coach and an alternative for the crazy high sleeper prices.
I heard elsewhere (I think it was on TO) that they’re pulling it for the winter. I think what they’re really doing is pulling a regular coach and the business car will remain as regular coach seating until the spring. According to Amtrak app business returns in the March.

Exactly and I am willing to pay the upgrade price! If Amtrak would provide a Business Class Meal of a local Hot Deli Sandiwch, Beer/Wine/Coccktails for Lunch, WIne and Cheese Plate and then an "Express Choice for Dinner" may be an option.

I heard elsewhere (I think it was on TO) that they’re pulling it for the winter. I think what they’re really doing is pulling a regular coach and the business car will remain as regular coach seating until the spring. According to Amtrak app business returns in the March.
So shouldn' t Amtrak give me an Upgrade since I am going at slow season to a Roomette? I would like access to the Business Class Lounge at LAX which is why I also purchased it due to not having to get up early for Breakfast if we are running on time or early. I can maximize my sleep or time in the sightseer lounge.

Back