Business class on 66/67

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heading North

Service Attendant
Just curious since it has been a while since I rode this train: are 66/67 operating with the same regular business class car as the other NE Regionals these days, or with the 2-1 seating mixed BC/cafe? When I rode almost two years ago it was the regular BC car, which was a disappointment given the long overnight journey. (I am planning a trip from BOS to ALX... wish the sleeping car would return to the route, but that is clearly asking too much!)

It's been a while since I was on that train, but I always preferred the full length BC car. The light and noise from the cafe made sleeping hopeless in the split car for me.

Like keelhauled above, I get better rest in a full BC car as the armrests prevent any diagonal positions.

Note that I said 'rest', not 'sleep'. If you have the same crew that I had twice and vowed 'never again', they will be repeating each others announcements at full volume every 10 minutes or so with lights on full all night long.

Back