Buying UK train tickets from the US

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently bought Rail and Sail advance tickets for travel from London to Dublin Ferryport via train to Holyhead then Irish Ferries to Dublin. As suggested on seat61 I used the Transport for Wakes site which went fine until I tried entering my credit card information which was rejected. I suspect it might have had problems with my billing address which is obscure and not in many address databases. Fortunately they also take Paypal so I was able to pay that way.

Just thought I would note my experience for anyone else trying to buy UK tickets from the US

Intersting timing. I was just reading up on that journey on seat61 yesterday. I'm in the preliminary stages (researching) of putting a trip to Ireland and Scotland together for next Spring and thought the Rail & Sail leg might be a fun way to start the trip. I hope you enjoy your trip.

Interesting timing. I was just reading up on that journey on seat61 yesterday. I'm in the preliminary stages (researching) of putting a trip to Ireland and Scotland together for next Spring and thought the Rail & Sail leg might be a fun way to start the trip. I hope you enjoy your trip.
Sounds interesting. You could start out London to Dublin then take the Enterprise to Belfast and the ferry across to Scotland. Then return to London by either the East or West coast mainlines making it a complete circle.

Back