C Z 5 (28) I will try to go live

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andersone

Conductor
Left GBB two minutes late by my watch. The fates were not with us room ente on south side of train. Made the Cameron crossing no one zipping west along old 34

Living in the Appalachian mountains I have forgotten how flat God's country is. To see the Dekalb winged ear signs bring s a smile. Two of the summers.of my wasted youth were working for this great company.

As we get to Mt. Pleasant passed some seed corn fields -speak of Dekalb. For the uninitiated you can spot seed corn very easily. It's the green stuff with no tassel. About six minutes late by my watch.

Finally got service in Fort Morgan. Looks like we are forty minuses late. First class SC in Robert maybe in the top ten all time. Angela fairly good in the dining car last night. She Who Must Be Obeyed had very good Salmon. I couldn't have cooked a better steak.

Heard some scuttle butt we have a problem. Just overhead staff radio we had a death on board. Will try to get scanner appm working to verify.

I am almost deaf but I heard enough to know it's a fatal down stairs in our sleeper. Woman did not feel well last night didn't go down for supper. Very somber

I think they are waiting on the coroner.

Great breakfast with Judy. SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED had the omelet with grits while the Railroad French Toast was tip top

. Bacon was a little overcooked but as mother used to say in a perfect world none of us would be here.

Winter Park a little more than two hours late.

More info on our tragedy this morning. Couple headed to Sacramento to join their family on a cruise. It appears she died in her sleep.

Back