California day trip destination?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without taking the train, one can earn Amtrak Guest Rewards points through the Survey Rewards Club. I didn't think the surveys were worth doing in terms of time/points, but perhaps that activity on the account would stop points from expiring?

https://www.surveypointsclub.com/
This would be a good idea if I had more time. I don't trust agents to give a correct answer. So I could try it, and if my expiration date didn't change, I could take a trip. OTOH, I like riding trains, just not for transportation where a car is more versatile. So joy riding is kind of appealing.

Well, bms didn't seem to want to take the hint about calling an agent and Alice doesn't trust them, so I wonder what the the first paragraph of the following from Program Terms | Amtrak Guest Rewards really means?

View attachment 19019
Thank you for this link. I'm going to try it. This is no day to be out and about in California, I even have smoke smell in the house. If there are no points in my account my mid-month, then I'll find a station in Oregon or Washington with trailer parking and take a short trip on the Cascades.

And BMS, thank you for the original link.

Well, thanks again Niemi24 and BMS, I'm off the hook. The 350 point survey took about 15 minutes and the points have already hit my account. Maybe I'll still take a trip in October when I get back from camping., especially since there are some real gems in everybody's comments. Both a San Joaquin and a Cap Corridor the full length, and stops in Stockton, Fresno, Antioch. And a stop in Lodi, too, when train service returns there post-pandemic.

Thanks again to all who answered.

Last edited:
Back