California Zephyr trip 2

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just booked an air rail package. On Feb. 28, depart Chicago Ohare at 6 PM., Ar San Fran about 8 PM. I got a free night at the Oakland Courtyard because of Marriott rewards. The next morning, I get on 6 to ride back to Chicago. Can't wait.

Oh, and here we go again . . . Did they get those freight cars off the back yet?

Oakland or Emeryville? Just remember if you stay in Oakland you still have to get to Emeryville since 6 originates there. Sounds like a great trip!

Oh, and last time I looked (Thursday) there were still freight cars on the back of the Zeph. I can let you know what I see this week.

I know that 6 leaves out of Emeryville. However, the courtyard that is closer to the Amtrak station requires 15,000 marriot reward poits,while the the Oakland courtyard requires only 10,000. It shoul only be about a 10 minute cab ride there.

Im goin in a sleeper, room 8.

Never knew there was a Courtyard in Oakland. Then I looked it up and realized I've walked by it several times without noticing, ugh (must mean I'm losing my mind). Hope you get to have some time to check out Jack London Square while you're there.

tp49 said:
Never knew there was a Courtyard in Oakland. Then I looked it up and realized I've walked by it several times without noticing, ugh (must mean I'm losing my mind). Hope you get to have some time to check out Jack London Square while you're there.
Its the one at 988 Broadway in Oakland. How does it look? The Marriott website only has a painting/drawing of it.

My flight arrives San Francisco airport at 830 pm. Ill probably wont get to the hotel until about 10 pm. (12 am Chicago time). I will be ready for bed. Is there an Original Pancake house in downtown Oakland?

Or another good breakfast place near the Emeryville station?

Steve,

I can't think of much to eat being by the hotel, but I'll check over the next couple of days and let you know what's in the area. I had a thought that you could have breakfast at the restaurant in the Jack London Inn near OKJ and a favorite of RR crews, and take a Capitol to Emeryville but do you want to spend 2 hours in Emeryville?

I think I might just eat at the hotel. It has a restaurant in it, and then Ill just cab over to Emeryville. I checked Yahoo yellow pages, and none of the retaurants caused my tastebuds to water.

I know I dont want to get up that early to eat breakfast and then get a capitol to Emeryville to sit there for 2 hours. I would rather sleep in the hotel than on the train. LOL. Thank you for the alternatives though. I enjoy planning trips and discussing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back