California Zephyr

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Zephyr back to it's original route from Denver to Emeryville. I mean the route it has been running in the recent past before the flood washed out the tracks in the Rockies. And if anyone has travelled it lately is there a lot of snow to see from the train? Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it's back through the regular route through Grand Junction. As of two weeks ago, there was no snow, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is now.

Check out the Colorado Road Cams and you'll see there is currently some snow (more on the higher peaks). Zoom in to get more detail, look at the cams east of Glenwood Springs, and in Steamboat Springs and Estes Park. These are some of the views you'll get from the CZ.

I live in eastern Oregon, we're getting snow and it's headed that way!

Check out the Colorado Road Cams and you'll see there is currently some snow (more on the higher peaks). Zoom in to get more detail, look at the cams east of Glenwood Springs, and in Steamboat Springs and Estes Park. These are some of the views you'll get from the CZ.

I live in eastern Oregon, we're getting snow and it's headed that way!
Follow US 40 south from Granby, and look at the first camera (Mary Jane). I think that is near the west portal of the tunnel.

Was on CZ #5 last Monday(Oct 28) through Moffatt Tunnel, Glenwood Springs with no snow but was snowing that night in Utah mountains and we passed through the most beautiful snow Tuesday AM passing over the Sierra Navada Mountains. Talk about great views and snowy scenery. This was one of my favorite trips on the CZ in many years. SCA "D" was great and my sleeping car was the quietest and most rattle free I have ridden on and I did rid the CS, EB, and SWC in July/August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back