Can Alexa check AMTRAK schedules?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DennisInGeorgia

Train Attendant
When I unboxed my Amazon Echo, within the first 15 minutes I was asking her for the expected arrival of 20 into Atlanta. She was “not sure”. Then I saw the Train Status skill and tried using that. She still was “not sure”.
It turns out that I can check LIRR, BART, NY subway, Metro and other commuter lines, but alas no AMTRAK status.
Has anyone found a way to get Amtrak info from Alexa? It’s kinda odd...

I've tried it a couple of times, but got a similar response as you did. No matter how carefully I worded it, she still had no idea what I was talking about, unfortunately. Had fun trying, though.

For fun, I just asked Siri "Is Amtrak train number 14 on time today?". It listed half a dozen web links, including Amtrak's status page and Dixieland's Coast Starlight page. But I had to do the clicking.

For fun, I just asked Siri "Is Amtrak train number 14 on time today?". It listed half a dozen web links, including Amtrak's status page and Dixieland's Coast Starlight page. But I had to do the clicking.

50 years ago, give or take, Ma Bell was advertising "let your fingers do the walking..." with their Yellow Pages business directory. I think they still use that slogan for the yellow things I immediately put into recycling when I get them.

It just goes to show the old adage is true: "The more things change, the more they stay the same."

Out if curiosity I asked my Google Home "Is Amtrak train number 14 on time today?" and was told that she can't help with that yet.

peter

Back