Can I book three into a bedroom on a Guest Rewards Reservation?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

California2012

Hello,

Hope you are well! Had a quick question. I know the tight space for three in a bedroom, especially overnight. Basically it would be for three teenagers that will be alright with sharing. Don't want to pay 30,000 points for two roomettes, would rather just have them in a bedroom (and it would probably be more fun in the same space) for the 20,000 points.

The only concern I have is will Amtrak let me book three into a bedroom using points over the phone? Has anyone had an experience with this? Would be much appreciated.

Best,

California2012

Yes, I have three booked in a bedroom to California next month. They will give you the spiel that the bedroom ideally accomodates two, but as long as you state you understand that the bottom bunk will have to be shared, they will book it.

On a mock reservation, I could not book it on the website.

I don't know, but it might be troublesome to have three people in one bedroom. The restroom takes up a lot of space.

Yes, you should be able to book three adults into a bedroom over the phone with your AGR points. How old are the teenagers? As long as they are all 16 and over, you should be fine.

On a mock reservation, I could not book it on the website.

I don't know, but it might be troublesome to have three people in one bedroom. The restroom takes up a lot of space.
While it may be cramped, three adults is a legal booking in a bedroom. Two people will have to share the bottom bunk/berth/bed.

Three adults in a bedroom must ALWAYS be booked over the phone. The agent will tell you on the phone that you will be cramped and that two people must share a bed.

I'm still amazed how long its taking Amtrak to get to the point where their website can book a sleeper award or book a connecting coach award or put more than two people in a bedroom or do pretty much anything beyond the most basic of functions. Would have been nice to get that up and running before working on the even more restricted iPhone app.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back