Canadian 1x Week extended

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I pulled the plug on my 11/1 trip and hope onboard amenities are back in March.

Encouraging news for you, I think. Normality as in 2019 is not returning soon, I think. But, as our experience with the virus progresses, Companies (and we) will learn how to adapt and will again provide services close to, if not quite the same, as in yesteryear. That's my hope.

Took 3 TOR-VAN trips in "good ole days." Just which amenities and services remain fallow?
Well, they reopened the domes and lounges with "limited capacity" a few weeks ago. Until then you apparently pretty much could not leave your accommodation except for dinner service. The diner is resuming the regular menu that changes each day.

Prestige Class isn't operating yet, but would not be missed by me.

It wasn't clear to me in the announcement about returning to "full service" in May whether or not the summer only Edmonton turn (trains 3&4) would resume as the "third" frequency.

It wasn't clear to me in the announcement about returning to "full service" in May whether or not the summer only Edmonton turn (trains 3&4) would resume as the "third" frequency.
The current Service Status page seems to explicitly refer to trains 3 and 4:
Additional weekly round trips will be introduced between Vancouver and Toronto and between Vancouver and Edmonton in May 2022. The dates that these new departures will begin operating will be communicated once they have been determined. Prestige Class has been suspended until November 15, 2021.
https://www.viarail.ca/en/plan-your-trip/service-status

Sigh. I had four trips cancelled by this announcement. Did promptly receive a refund in fairness to Via.

And I lacked confidence in Via anyways, so I had backup flights booked.

Back