'Canadian' Economy Class....and look at those meals!!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our hockey goalie from previous videos is back with another covid coach trip on the Canadian. And if anyone can sell you on a coach trip.....it's him!

This time he's travelling between Toronto and Winnipeg. The Skyline Dome is still closed....but look at those meals served at you seat!

This fellow is a good salesman for VIA Rail! The meals certainly do look good even being served in a styrofoam box.

Thanks for posting this video!

For anyone interested in accuracy, Styrofoam™ is not used for food packaging. The food packaging that is often incorrectly identified as styrofoam is usually expanded polystyrene or simply plastic foam

I'm not trying to call anyone out; this is just for people who want to be correct in their language, like not calling concrete cement or distinguishing between various sleeping accommodations on a train.

Plastic takeout food containers have been banned in Seattle for a number of years now. Unfortunately some of the coated paper containers that replaced them cannot be put into our city recycling bins. I hope that they degrade in landfills. (Though this is largely of theoretical personal interest on my part. I haven't gotten takeaway anything in years, except once this summer when my granddaughter pleaded for some takeout teriyaki and, like any grannie, I gave in.)

Back