Cancelling one way of a round tirp ticket

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AudenHoggart

Service Attendant
I have a round trip ticket - booked electronically and paid for but not yet ticketed. If I need to, will I be able to cancel one way but keep the other way? Would this be any different if I were trying to cancel the outbound or the return trip?

If it were booked as a round trip, when printed BOTH TICKETS WILL BE PRINTED! You can use the VALUE of the other ticket for 1 year from the date of issue. You could cancel the reservation and rebook just that 1 segment, but it wold be at the current bucket! :eek: That's why I always recommend making 2 reservation - 1 outbound and 1 for then return. Then if you cancel 1, you still have the other at the original fare! ;)

If it were booked as a round trip, when printed BOTH TICKETS WILL BE PRINTED! You can use the VALUE of the other ticket for 1 year from the date of issue. You could cancel the reservation and rebook just that 1 segment, but it wold be at the current bucket! :eek: That's why I always recommend making 2 reservation - 1 outbound and 1 for then return. Then if you cancel 1, you still have the other at the original fare! ;)
What about calling an agent and seeing if the return trip can be canceled w/o affecting the outbound leg? I've been able to modify a leg of an itinerary without it changing the rest of the trip.

And remember if the agent isn't able to help you, call, call again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't tried it yet but I thought Amtrak recently added the ability to alter a reservation online.

EDIT: Yes, I just checked. For all my reservations that I have made online within my account there is a 'modify trip' button.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back