Cape Flyer seasonal service

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2018 Cape Flyer Season was successful with more riders than last year.  A proposed new station stop for next year should help increase ridership. Here's a link to the press release. 

Llhttps://www.capecod.com/newscenter/as-cape-flyer-service-wraps-up-sixth-year-officials-call-season-a-success/

Great to hear! I'm a little confused at what the quote about the temporary platform means though, and that it will cut 45-50 minutes off the trip?

Last edited by a moderator:
The train trip time will be the same as now except for an added stop. The time  "saved" refers to the time connecting buses  will save by staying on the Cape Cod side of the canal versus having to negotiate the  heavy weekend road traffic over the road bridge to reach various destinations  on the Cape itself. The road traffic backs up for miles on approach to the bridge to Cape Cod. The train only takes 5-10 minutes too cross the train bridge  to the proposed station location.

Cape Flyer is offering a nice promotion for June

https://www.boston.com/travel/new-e...-money-on-capeflyer-tickets/?p1=hp_featurebox
The weekly summer train service between Boston and the Cape, which begins Friday, is celebrating its 10th anniversary with a special deal for customers: $10 round-trip tickets in June. A round-trip ticket from South Station to Hyannis typically costs $40.

The discounted tickets are available on the mTicket app or at the ticket booth at South Station only during the month of June. Travelers should note that children age 11 and under ride for free when accompanied by a paying adult.

Cape Flyer is offering a nice promotion for June

https://www.boston.com/travel/new-e...-money-on-capeflyer-tickets/?p1=hp_featurebox
The weekly summer train service between Boston and the Cape, which begins Friday, is celebrating its 10th anniversary with a special deal for customers: $10 round-trip tickets in June. A round-trip ticket from South Station to Hyannis typically costs $40.

The discounted tickets are available on the mTicket app or at the ticket booth at South Station only during the month of June. Travelers should note that children age 11 and under ride for free when accompanied by a paying adult.
I have been meaning to ride that. It is difficult with the early Saturday morning departure from Boston other than staying overnight in Boston ($$$).

I did get to ride the Cape Cod and Hyannis service that ran briefly from Hyannis to Braintree in the 1980's until the Commonwealth of MA yanked its funding.

I have been meaning to ride that. It is difficult with the early Saturday morning departure from Boston other than staying overnight in Boston ($$$).

I did get to ride the Cape Cod and Hyannis service that ran briefly from Hyannis to Braintree in the 1980's until the Commonwealth of MA yanked its funding.
The commonwealth yanked the funding because the railroad was skimming the books.

Back