Capital Limited Trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel City Don

Service Attendant
My girlfriend, son and I traveled from Bloomington to Chicago then the Chicago to PGH trip on the Limited. That was on 03/17/2010. I enjoyed the trip. Only 1 problem was we had a stoppage on the Limited for 2 hours just west of Toledo. A car decided to "beat the train" and lost. A freight train in front of us obliterated this car and killed the father and son in it. We also had to stop for about 15 minutes and go slow around Cleveland due to ponding of the rain and minor flooding. I really cannot complain, other then high price food...lol. I did not know that when you book a room on the Limited you get to use the lounge in Chicago-Union station. That was nice. Free beverages, food and a place to put your carry ons until board time, we walked around downtown Chicago for a bit, so that was helpful! Also the dinner was so good.

I was on the Cap heading eastbound back to Pittsburgh last week. Somewhere just west of Waterloo Indiana, the train screeched to a halt while we were eating dinner. Two conductors came running through the dining car with one shouting into her radio "Rodger, we're grabbing the vests and hitting the ground running".

Apparently, we hit a horse somehow. Ended up stopped for 2 hours.

They did manage to make up almost 45 minutes of that by the time we got to Pittsburgh.

I understand the Diner was having a special on wild game steaks the next day.

Oh, we were also pulling private varnish from Chicago to DC. But since you won't allow picture uploads to this website, I won't share the photograph with you.

Oh, we were also pulling private varnish from Chicago to DC. But since you won't allow picture uploads to this website, I won't share the photograph with you.
Upload it somewhere else and post the link! I would like to see it!

I'm hoping to make a point as one IP.Board forum operator to another. I could have had it uploaded to AU before #30 even left the station, but since we can't upload attachments to our posts like 99% of forums out there, it was too complicated to upload it somewhere else and then post a link here from my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back