Capitol Limited Car 2909

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a roomette in the Capitol Limited car 2909 for early September for a trip to Chicago from Pittsburgh. I presume that is the transition sleeper, in which I have never ridden. Concern I have is being forgotten because as I understand it there is no crew member assigned to that car even though that's where they sleep. And were any of the Superliner I transition sleepers refurbished or were they never in that mix?

Have a roomette in the Capitol Limited car 2909 for early September for a trip to Chicago from Pittsburgh. I presume that is the transition sleeper, in which I have never ridden. Concern I have is being forgotten because as I understand it there is no crew member assigned to that car even though that's where they sleep. And were any of the Superliner I transition sleepers refurbished or were they never in that mix?
It "used to be", for this train, that the attendant for the 01 car also took care of the few rooms in the transition car. If this is still the case, chances are you will have a good experience because most of the SCA for this train are veterans with many years of experience. Also, all the transition cars are Superliner II cars, but not sure of refurbishment situation.

There are no Superliner I transition sleepers. Prior to the Superliner II purchase, they used Santa Fe Hi Level transition cars that had been partly converted to crew dorms.

No Superliner II transdorm was included in the Superliner I refurbishment a few years ago, they are pretty much as built. I don't know about the current refurbishment program, but it only just got started and there are probably very few refurbished cars on the road currently.

I've always had a SCA take care of the Revenue Passengers in the Transdorm on my many trips in said Car.

Sometimes it's the SCA for the Sleeper next to the Transdorm, and a couple of times it was either the SCA from the Sleeper on the Rear ( Texas Eagle?????)and once a Coach attendant on the Zephyr when, for some reason, there was only 1 SCA for the 2 Sleepers in the consist.

Do they still assign Dinner times in the Metro Lounge for the Cap, it's been 2 years since I rode it??

If not, you'll want to ask the LSA in the CCC about Dinner and Breakfast Unfortunately there's still a Flex Menu served on this Route.!

If there's going to be a transdorm on the Capitol in September, maybe that means they're going to restore the full consist by then. Perhaps we'll also see a baggage car and (one can always hope) the Sightseer Lounge restored.

I've always had a SCA take care of the Revenue Passengers in the Transdorm on my many trips in said Car.

Sometimes it's the SCA for the Sleeper next to the Transdorm, and a couple of times it was either the SCA from the Sleeper on the Rear ( Texas Eagle?????)and once a Coach attendant on the Zephyr when, for some reason, there was only 1 SCA for the 2 Sleepers in the consist.

Do they still assign Dinner times in the Metro Lounge for the Cap, it's been 2 years since I rode it??

If not, you'll want to ask the LSA in the CCC about Dinner and Breakfast Unfortunately there's still a Flex Menu served on this Route.!

I am only going betwen Pittsburgh and Chicago so no dinner for me, flex or otherwise!

We rode in car 2909 room 20 this weekend. It was being used as a revenue sleeper and, I believe, was sold out.

we

Back