Capitol Limited Service

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ravensbeard103

Hello, my brother and I are going to be traveling on the Capitol Limited from Washington DC to Chicago on July 4. I’ve been on this train a few times but during covid it seems to completely be dismantled. On the Amtrak website they list that the observation car and cafe service is still available but I’ve seen multiple videos where it doesn’t exist on the train. The observation car is one of the best parts of the train so where is it?

The Sightseer Lounge/Observation car (commonly referred to as SSL) hasn't been on the Capital Limited (or Texas Eagle) for a while. :mad: :(

On super liner style trains with no SSL, where does one obtain café style food?
Ikr it makes no sense. How are coach riders supposed to buy food? It’s not acceptable at all on an overnight train, especially when they don’t have anything saying that it’s not there on their website.

When I rode the Capitol a few years ago they were running a diner/lounge ("Cross Country Cafe") and a Sightseer. The cafe service was run out of the lounge and of the diner/lounge and the Sightseer was not staffed.

The removal of the Sightseer, unfortunate as it is, will not affect cafe service.

Are the Cross Country Cafe's still not allowing coach or all passengers to sit in the seats during non-dining hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back