Capitol Limited sightseer lounge question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well. Someone who plated a significant role in the AGR program before he left Amtrak was deeply involved in this forum. At various points the CEO’s right hand man was generally a silent observer in this forum. I believe he is still around but more or less retired. There were several other senior folks who were members. One of the guys who worked on the iPhone e-ticket scanning app was here. None if them I believe are at Amtrak anymore. And yes they did listen and acred on many things, and some even explained how their hands were tied by an inept Congress and Board too.

too bad the younger generation missed all that. They were some fun times.
Oh wow, didn't know that. Thank you for the information

I was on the CL that departed Chicago on Thursday May 6th and can confirm that there was no SSL. The last I heard anything about it was when I rode in October and an employee said that it could come back in June. Obviously that's just a rumor and it was before the return to daily service was confirmed, but if true it indicates that Amtrak planned to bring it back with daily service as of that point.

The last I heard anything about it was when I rode in October and an employee said that it could come back in June. Obviously that's just a rumor and it was before the return to daily service was confirmed, but if true it indicates that Amtrak planned to bring it back with daily service as of that point.

I'll be watching railfan videos come June to see if it's in the lineup. My trip on it will be on the 8th, so I'll confirm here if the SSL is in the consist (hopefully!)

Back