Capitol Limited discussion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You got lucky there @Sidney. Looking at the Capitol Limited that just left Chicago today (9/3/23), it had the two locomotives, the baggage car, and three superliners (coach, diner, and sleeper).

They probably added that extra car there on yours in preparation for the long weekend.

You got lucky there @Sidney. Looking at the Capitol Limited that just left Chicago today (9/3/23), it had the two locomotives, the baggage car, and three superliners (coach, diner, and sleeper).

They probably added that extra car there on yours in preparation for the long weekend.
Either that or they might have added to accommodate for missed connections from some other train

I am scheduled on tonight's Capitol Limited out of Pittsburgh to Chicago. I note that today's eastbound is significantly delayed and will arrive in Washington about 2 hours late. I presume that equipment is not same day turned? I hope not as that would likely mean a significant delay departing DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back