Car attendent videos?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amtkstn

OBS Chief
I been watching several Youtube video series made by flight attendents. Has any Amtrak car attendents made any videos about their jobs?

He's referring to someone like Fly With Stella who runs a rather interesting vlog, minus the fact she tries to sell you the same products she uses. But she's a very nice person. To my knowledge no Amtrak employees make any. The closest is "Come Ride with Me" Lamar who works the Sunset Limited

There are YouTube videos of cab rides in Switzerland, Netherlands, and France. These were made by people who know the route. On some they tell you which signal system is used and the voltage used on the catenary as well as where diverging routes go. Some show maximum authorized speed.

RailCowGirl on youtube has some stunning visual treats from Norway:

Female train driver/engineer working on the Bergen Line in Norway. Sharing my awesome scenic view from the drivers cab with you.
The Bergen Line is considered one the most scenic railway in the world and also connects to the famous Flåm Railway (Flam Line) - the steepest railroad in northern Europe.​

Service capabilities and a wide variance of attitudes amongst the attendants probably bring discouragement. Also folks are cued by the 'If you see something say something' security promotions and so nobody wants to be 'seen' for fear they could be mistakenly connected with something else. Then you have all the biometrics stuff going on and a harsh justice system. If I were an attendant I would want to keep a low profile.

Back