card declined

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jasmine

My card declined and it took 17.50 off my card anyway and didnt send me any reservation number so i called n ordered a ticket but that 17.50 they charged before i need that back so how can i get it back.

My card declined and it took 17.50 off my card anyway and didnt send me any reservation number so i called n ordered a ticket but that 17.50 they charged before i need that back so how can i get it back.
The bank has to remove the initial authorization (hold). If you don't call the bank, the authorization will drop off in a few days.

What type of card is it? If its like my kid's pre-paid card, it takes the bank a leisurely 10 days to put money back.

Happened to me before. Your going to have to wait until it falls off. Don't remember the time frame but it takes couple days I believe. Anything that does not have a reservation number attached to the transaction gets released from what I was told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back