Cardinal 50 roomettes and 29 Capitol superliner bedrooms

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flying_babyb

Train Attendant
we have roomettes 3, 5, 6 on the train from chicago to dc. Are these good rooms? Close to water? I drink almost a gallon a day. Are they likely to be close to the front or back?

On the way back we have c,d,e Are these good rooms? Close to water? I drink almost a gallon a day. Are they likely to be close to the front or back?

Also will the SCA complain if two teens are sharing a roomette? we have one whos 16 and one whos 14. They would be in 5 and there mom in 6.

we have roomettes 3, 5, 6 on the train from chicago to dc. Are these good rooms? Close to water? I drink almost a gallon a day. Are they likely to be close to the front or back?

On the way back we have c,d,e Are these good rooms? Close to water? I drink almost a gallon a day. Are they likely to be close to the front or back?

Also will the SCA complain if two teens are sharing a roomette? we have one whos 16 and one whos 14. They would be in 5 and there mom in 6.
Train #50 has Viewliner I Sleepers so Roomettes #3,5 and 6 are good rooms.( there are 12 Roomettes with the Crew staying in some of them and the SCA is in the last room across from the Shower. The Coffee, Ice and Juice Kiosk is close to the shower and Bottled water will be in your Room and available from the SCA on request.
No problem for the teenagers sharing the Room with mom across the hall!

On #29, the Cap Ltd,which has Superliner Equipment, you will have Bedrooms if you have C,D and E ( Upstairs) which are good rooms that include a Sink,Bathroom/Shower Combo and are close to the Stairs in the middle of the car with the SCA in Roomette #1 by the Upstairs Bathroom and Coffee and Juice Kiosk. Again, you will have Bottled water in your Room with more available from the SCA.

You won't know which way the Sleeper is hooked up until you board so the Rooms could be on either side of the Car.

You will have use of the Metro Lounge in Chicago and Club Acela in Union Station in Washington. I suggest you request a Redcap from the Lounge attendant to board and detrain if you are not familiar with these very busy,large Stations. ( tips are appreciated!)

Last edited by a moderator:
aswome! thanks for the advice. Im framilar with the chicago station, but not so much with DC! Im glad the kids er teens will be ok on there own cause If I had to share a roomette with them... it wouldnt be pretty!

I would recommend bringing some water. If you drink a gallon of water a day I think the SCA might have to cut you off. Along with a limited supply of water on board. That's a lot of water bottles for one passenger. Just my opinion.

On the viewliner--they're all pretty good. Car is not big enough for "front" or "back" to matter much.

It's been a long time since I saw ice available in a sleeper. Doesn't bother me except on #28. It's a long walk through many doors!

It's been a long time since I saw ice available in a sleeper. Doesn't bother me except on #28. It's a long walk through many doors!
My sleeper on 49 had it Monday night. I was surprised. Coming back on 30 I was in the transdorm so we had nothing, and when I glanced walking through one of the revenue sleepers I didn't see any ice available this morning.

My sleeper on 49 had it Monday night. I was surprised. Coming back on 30 I was in the transdorm so we had nothing, and when I glanced walking through one of the revenue sleepers I didn't see any ice available this morning.
I would think the demand for ice in the morning would be low....more likely to be put out later in the day.

I would think the demand for ice in the morning would be low....more likely to be put out later in the day.
It could have been out the night before, I didn't check. I did use it in the morning however, for the room temp orange juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back