Cardinal and Capitol Limited Consists

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the time the Capitol Ltd is: Loco, Loco, baggage, dorm sleeper, sleeper, sleeper, diner, lounge, coach, coach, coach. Sometimes in the winter they cut off a coach and have, at times, eliminated the lounge car, but with the new dining setup, I doubt the lounge cafe would be taken off.
Not sure how they are running the Cardinal at this point.

50(9) just went by: loco #11, 1 coach, 1 cafe, 1 BC, 1 sleeper, 1 bag/dorm
Yes, pretty darn sure I saw only 1 coach - I make a lot of mistakes though these days. Just sayin

Having one coach is one way to increase the demand for higher priced BC!

Pity the poor coach passengers next to that horn all night. I do wonder why they don't put the bag/dorm in the front, and on all eastern trains. I think the coach passengers would suffer more from a horn all night than the sleeper passengers with the so called tail wag bouncing of the sleeper as the last car. It sure isn't noticeable on the TE or EB nor did it bother us on our last trip a few years ago with a Viewliner sleeper on the rear. And that was on the rear of the Crescent - a very curvy route. It also keeps all the crew activity (crew change, fuel engine, and load baggage) in one place. Of course the railfan window is a big plus too!

Back