Cardinal or Lake Shore Limited going West

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which sides are best for viewing for different segments?

Is the cafe seating open? I know it was on the NER yesterday but not sure about the Cardinal.

Going westbound

AFAICT there is no restriction on sitting in the Cafe car on any LD train anymore. At least there were none on the Silver service over the last weekend.
Except for sitting in the all-that-is-holy crew space that takes up 25%+ of the tables!

The Cardinal seating directions for scenery in my opinion. Charlottesville-Staunton you want to be on the south side of the train left hand going westbound. Staunton-Hinton I don't really see where this matters too much. Hinton-New River Gorge Bridge south side going westbound. New River Gorge Bridge to Cincinnati north side or right side going westbound. Beyond Cincinnati it's all the same.

The Cardinal seating directions for scenery in my opinion. Charlottesville-Staunton you want to be on the south side of the train left hand going westbound. Staunton-Hinton I don't really see where this matters too much. Hinton-New River Gorge Bridge south side going westbound. New River Gorge Bridge to Cincinnati north side or right side going westbound. Beyond Cincinnati it's all the same.
Based on your knowledge of the rails over there, I trust this. Thank you.

Back