Cascades: Business Class or Coach Class?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oreius

OBS Chief
I am traveling from Portland, Oregon to Vancouver, BC in August 2020 on the Cascades. Which is better, Coach or Business Class? It’s an 8 hour ride, so I want to be comfortable...

How price-sensitive are you? I'd take BC (more legroom, etc.), especially if coach is high bucket (since at that point the price difference ends up being negligible).

I am traveling from Portland, Oregon to Vancouver, BC in August 2020 on the Cascades. Which is better, Coach or Business Class? It’s an 8 hour ride, so I want to be comfortable...
Business Class goes through customs first so it is worth it if you want to get out earlier.

I definitely prefer business. I think it is well worth the extra charge.

Cascades business class is 2+1, you're near the cafe, and if you're crossing the border you get priority through Customs. For me that's a no-brainer.

I actually just did this route in coach. I personally prefer doing it in business class but Coach wasn’t bad. Then again I was invited into a bachelorette party in the lounge north of Seattle. So half my ride was in the lounge.

See my report:Crossing the Line

Back