Cascades Companion Coupon Available

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anderson

Engineer
I got one of the companion coupons for the Cascades for taking the survey a few months back. It is highly unlikely that I will be able to make it out to the Northwest during the requisite timeframe (I've got an obstructing accounting class that sort of gums up any trips all the way out west until May), so the coupon is available. Any takers?

I got one of the companion coupons for the Cascades for taking the survey a few months back. It is highly unlikely that I will be able to make it out to the Northwest during the requisite timeframe (I've got an obstructing accounting class that sort of gums up any trips all the way out west until May), so the coupon is available. Any takers?
How does the coupon work? I already bought 2 BC tix for a Cascades trip SEA-PDX 03/xx/2012. would one of these coupons be useful? This is the only time in the near future I will be using a Cascades train

Last edited by a moderator:
It should work. I will return your favor and send you a companion coupon. All you have to do is book one ticket and receive 2. If you would like that, I will be glad to send it to you. I'm not sure if the companion would get AGR points, though.

I'm not sure if the companion would get AGR points, though.
If it's like other coupons or offers, the answer is NO!

The companion ticket is valued at $-0-, and $-0- times 2/$ equals -0- AGR points!
sad.gif

For Boxcar817 and anyone else possibly interested, the back of the coupon states:

This offer is valid for sale and and travel between 01NOV11 -30APR12. Blackouts apply on the following dates: 22-23NOV11, 26-28NOV11, 21-24DEC11, 26-30DEC11, 02JAN12, 17FEB12, 20FEB12, 05-06APR12, and 09APR12. This offer is valid for one free companion rail fare with the purchase of one regular (adult) rail far. This offer is valid for coach seats only. Seating is limited; seats may not be available on all trains at all times. This offer is valid for travel on Amtrak Cascades and associated thruways, except not valid on the 7000-8999 series thruways. The original coupon must be surrendered to the Amtrak agent at the time of ticket purchase. The free companion and paid adult must travel together on the same itinerary and have tickets issued together. Up to two children ages 2-15 may accompany each adult at half the regular (full) adult fare. This offer is not combinable with any other discount offer. In addition to the discount restriction; this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts, and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased. Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice. Once travel has begun; no changes to the itinerary are permitted. Other restrictions may apply. Amtrak and Amtrak Cascades are registered service marks of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation.

Ok so there you go. I got it down word for word, with the italics, caps lock, etc. perfect. I just left out the discount code so it's not public for the world to see. At first I thought you would have an issue, Boxcar, but if you look closely to where it says "and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased." Since you will be purchasing business class, it sounds like the other is free. I will keep the coupon one more full day and then will send it off to you unless I hear from you telling me otherwise and/or you have concerns about it working for you.

Johnny

If anyone knows if these coupons can be used and upgraded to biz. class please let me know. I leave out for our trip on mon. :blink: So Johnny I would say if anyone can confirm that they can be upgraded then by all means send them. If not I wouldn't want to waste them, but thanks for the offer :cool:

I know that on the "standard" companion coupons, you're able to upgrade "upon payment of accommodation charges" or thereabouts. Not sure on the Cascades.

Back