Cascades Connection to the Same Train?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertflyer

Lead Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
I have a business class ticket on Cascades train 502 from Portland-Tacoma and our plans changed so we decided to just go ahead continue on, so I booked another ticket using points Tacoma-Seattle-Chicago with the first leg still on train 502. I've done this on other trains but I've not been on Cascades service in 15 years so I don't know if this will be problematic. Any ideas?

Thanks for the replies. The only thing I was worried about was that it sounded like from some trip reports that seats are assigned in the stations on Cascades trains, so I was a bit worried about that.

Are you going to be in business in the point part? Also, that's one heck of an extension!
I did book business class, and yes it's a bit of a spur of the moment trip on the Empire Builder. It's a route I've wanted to see in the winter and my girlfriend hasn't been on it before, and surprisingly the points redemptions weren't too crazy last minute - we're leaving Saturday.
default_happy.png

Thanks for the replies. The only thing I was worried about was that it sounded like from some trip reports that seats are assigned in the stations on Cascades trains, so I was a bit worried about that.

Are you going to be in business in the point part? Also, that's one heck of an extension!
I did book business class, and yes it's a bit of a spur of the moment trip on the Empire Builder. It's a route I've wanted to see in the winter and my girlfriend hasn't been on it before, and surprisingly the points redemptions weren't too crazy last minute - we're leaving Saturday.
default_happy.png
Exactly why I asked. They're only assigned at VAC, SEA, PDX, and EUG. However, they will have a seat preassigned before they get to Tacoma. So when you get your seat assigned in Portland, just mention that you are actually continuing to Seattle, and you have another ticket from Tacoma. They'll likely ask to see both tickets, mark them both as lifted, and give you a single seat assignment to Seattle as opposed to making you move enroute.
Enjoy your trip! I went out on the Builder about two weeks before Christmas, and it was beautiful out there!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Amtrak Forum mobile app

Back